Articles (to get you up to speed)
The aim of this site is to develop the foundations for an original approach to critical thinking education, modeled after martial arts training programs, that will eventually be implemented in an online learning platform.
The articles collected below provide an introduction to the background, motivations and teaching methodology behind the Argument Ninja Academy project.
You can also use the links in the sidebar to navigate through this content. There are sharing links at the bottom of each article, so please share!
The article titles that are not linked are still being completed.
WHY CRITICAL THINKING IS IMPORTANT
- The Goals of Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking is Always FOR Something
- The Persuasion Matrix and the Challenge of Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking for Self-Defense
- Critical Thinking for Freedom of Thought
- Critical Thinking for Personal Empowerment
- Critical Thinking for Healthy Democracies
- Critical Thinking for Wisdom
HOW CRITICAL THINKING EDUCATION HAS FAILED US
- Public Schools Were Never Designed to Teach Critical Thinking
- Plato and the Problem of Critical Thinking Education (or, The Dojo vs The Street)
CRITICAL THINKING AS A MARTIAL ART
- Lessons We Can Learn From the Popularity of Martial Arts Schools
- The Classroom is My Dojo
- NEEDED: Mixed Martial Arts for Critical Thinking
- Sparring and Critical Thinking
THE ARGUMENT NINJA ACADEMY
- Instructional Design for Critical Thinking Skill Development
- Understanding the White Belt Experience
- Overview of the Argument Ninja Curriculum